CfP: Workshop “Inclusion and Exclusion in Philosophy”
20-22 June 2017
Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
*Topic and aim*
Specific social groups are underrepresented in many academic disciplines, including philosophy. The overall aim of the workshop is to gain a better understanding of how and to what extent:
– exclusionary social interactions shape the philosophical discipline.
– explicit (e.g., thematic or methodological) biases play a role in philosophy.
– implicit (e.g., thematic or methodological) biases play a role in philosophy.
– different social groups are affected by the identified exclusionary factors.
– the current environment of academic philosophy can be improved.
– Liam Kofi Bright (Carnegie Mellon University)
– Kristie Dotson (Michigan State University)
– Kieran Healy (Duke University)
– Katharine Jenkins (University of Nottingham)
Deadline for submission of an abstract (max. 500 words) is 20 January 2017.
Notification of acceptance: 1 February 2017
Please send your abstract prepared for blind review as an e-mail attachment (.doc, .docx or .pdf) to exclusionworkshop2017@gmail